Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Relationship Series: I love you for...

I love you for:
  • The way you look at me
  • The way you take notes in your phone of the things I mention that I like (I know what you are doing)
  • The way you put my insecurities to sleep
  • Your never-ending trust
  • The way you say mushy lovey things because you know it makes me uncomfortable
  • The way you give me compliments when you know I can’t take them seriously
  • The Brita you bought me when I was explaining how horrible the Columbia water is for human consumption (Toxicologist problems)
  • The Valentine’s Day gifts you got me, no one has ever been that intuitive
  • The fact that we can walk into a Barnes and Noble and see each other an hour later with a stack of books already a few chapters in (Best dates ever)
  • The “good morning” texts every morning for the past 8 months, you haven’t skipped a day yet.
  • The military jargon that you use when we talk that I love and miss so dearly
  • Itineraries. The end all of any trip we have taken together. We work better on schedules.
  • Your love of soccer and accepting that it is not my first choice of sports.
  • Making an effort every day to tell me how much I mean to you.
  • Flying across the country and now, half a country to see me.
  • Losing at all our wrestling matches because I am obviously the superior wrestler. And no, I do not cheat. (ish)
  • Your obsession with Bread Co. and bread in general.
  • Putting up with my constant chatter, my judgmental side, and my controlling side (to name a few)
  • Our shared love of travel, need for new sights, hiking, and anything outdoors (minus camping, you’ll never win)
  • The stack of historical books and three fiction novels all over your place.
  • Telling me that I’m beautiful when my hair is wet, I have no makeup on, and I am in sweatpants. I don’t believe you but it’s still sweet.
  • I love you for continuing to blow me away every day with how amazing you are.  I love you for all the adventures we will embark on together…

XOXO



No comments:

Post a Comment