Monday, August 4, 2014

Apartment Week! Kitchen Essentials Checklist

Making lists is kind of my thing. I have lists everywhere and then when I lose my list, I make a new one. The cycle repeats. I have had running lists of everything I need for the apartment for months, slowly checking off each. There were things I wanted vs things that I needed. I think it was Christmas my sophomore year of college when I got my first pots and pans set. It had not been opened and has been sitting in my closet patiently awaiting my first place on my own. The Christmas of my first year of grad school, I got my KitchenAid from a friend. Honestly, my pride and joy. You know you’ve made it when you have a beautiful white KitchenAid sitting on your counter for the world to see. It’s so pretty.  But here is a list of the essentials of a kitchen and a few extras. Just to get you started… I’m sure I am forgetting something and I will be running to Target soon enough.


Tools:
Strainer
Whisk
Grater
Can Opener
Spatulas
Timer
Tongs
Wooden Spoons (slotted, non-slotted)
Potato Peeler
Pizza Wheel (or you can always use a large knife)
Garlic Press (*I’m lazy)
Cutting Boards
Knives:
Bread knife
Chef’s knife
Paring knife
Steak knives 
Knife Sharpener
Bakeware: 
Casserole Dish (small, medium)
Cookie Sheets (I have three or four)
Cooling rack
Meatloaf pan
Mixing Bowls (the more the merrier)
Muffin pan (1 large or 2 small)
9 or 10 inch pie plate
1 Large mixing bowl
9 x 12 casserole pan
Measuring cups
Measuring spoons
Cookware:
Large frying pan
Large pasta pot
4 qt sauce pan
2 qt sauce pan
Small sauté pan
Lids for all of the above
Tea kettle (Screaming kind is the best!)
Bar:
Beer Coozies
Champagne Flutes
Bottle Opener
Shaker
Tall Beer Glasses
Wine Glasses- Red, White
Glassware:
6 coffee cups (with saucer)
2-3 travel mugs
High ball glasses
Drinking glasses
Tumbler
Carafe
Serving:
Bowls (large, medium)
Flatware
Pie wedge
Pitcher
Platters
Salad bowl
Serving spoons
Serving tray
Dishware:
Soup bowls
Salad plates (6-8)
Dinner plates (6-8)
Dessert plates (6-8)
Silverware (buy a set with extras)
Miscellaneous:
Aluminum foil
Food containers with lids
Qt freezer bags
Gal Freezer bags
Napkins
Napkin holder
Paper towels
Paper towel holder
Sandwhich bags
Spice rack- spices
Brita water pitcher
Wax paper
Saran wrap
Scissors
Vase
Cleaning Supplies:
Baking soda
Bleach
Scrub brush
Dish detergent
Disinfectant wipes
Wood floor cleaner
Swiffer
Trash bags
Vinegar
Glass cleaner
409 cleaning spray
Small Appliances:
Keurig
Crock Pot
Hand Mixer
KitchenAid
Toaster
Linens:
Tea towels
Wash cloths
Drying towels
Placemats
Oven mits
Pot holders

Unpacking all week! 
XOXO









No comments:

Post a Comment