Friday, August 15, 2014

Goody Two-Shoes

I was recently at a party with friends when I was called a goody two-shoes. Not quick on my return, I agreed and said "I am! It's horrible!" Of course my best friend chimed in, a one liner about a guy in middle school... To be honest I completely forgot about. But the "goody-two shoes" comment was definitely an insult and not a nice comment made. As I was driving home, replaying the night and few other things this person had said, I thought "wow" that was definitely an attack on my character. If I was being immature, I would say "No, I am not!" And proceed to list all the reason or things I have done to negate being a goody-goody. But the thing is, I have made mistakes and definitely judgement errors, but I don't parade them around for people to see. My parents and immediate family are more than enough to know my shortcomings. Have I honestly ever smoked a cigarette or done a drug before? No, never. I made a promise to my brother when I was younger that I would not, and I honor that promise to this day. I don't really drink because alcohol makes me sleepy. It's no fun to be out and falling asleep at the table after a glass of wine. I never slept around. I went to college and then grad school. Now I am a doctoral program and working for the government. If doing something with my life is being a goody-goody and not making too many mistakes on the way then GUILTY. I should never have to feel embarrassed or ashamed for being who I am.

I like being me. Sorry I'm not sorry. 
XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment