Friday, August 1, 2014

Haircut!

I haven’t had a hair cut in 8 months. Yes, I said 8 MONTHS. Partially because I have been busy, my hair stylist is super busy, and I couldn’t afford to pay the $80 for the services when groceries were more important. Well, I finally had it, called my salon, and made an appointment for tomorrow and since its last minute not with my stylist. My hair is getting really long, is in desperate need of trim, and no matter the amount of “no heat this week” I do, will save it. I have long, coarse, thick hair. It’s naturally curly and wavy when air dried and the slightest humidity has me starring in the Lion King. I don’t plan on doing anything crazy, just long layering to take out some of the weight and about two or three inches off. Last December, I needed a change and I stupidly got a side bang. It wasn’t bad, it was a great cut. But I regretted it after a week and had to wait for it to grow out and get out of my eyes. I have also had a pixie cut for a year. My military college shaves your head to an inch or two inch long hair. So to save my long locks- I had it done early before I reported and donated my hair. 14 inches off later, I had a Twiggy-esque haircut. It was pretty fierce when styled correctly. But it also took me years to grow out upon finishing my first year of college and being allowed to grow it out. (Citadel problems) Although I will never go inch to 2 inches short again, I will be cutting it off in November after the Marine Corps ball. So to give y’all a little bit of a hair history, this is my hair from senior year of high school (2007-2008) to now.. 
(Senior Year of HS)



(That time I went brunette for a study abroad in the Panama Canal above right) 
(Senior Year)


(Grad School)


(last weekend)

Wait until Saturday for my next selfie with my new hair cut from Ginger Bay Salon and Spa! 
AHHHH way too excited!
XOXO








1 comment:

  1. I am happy to find your distinguished way of writing the post. Now you make it easy for me to understand and implement the concept. Thank you for the post. beard trim salt lake city

    ReplyDelete