Monday, August 11, 2014

Trader Joe's Lunches

I take my lunch every day and eat at my desk. This has been a routine for the past two months. For the most part, my colleagues do the same thing. Sometimes I have an early lunch and other times it can be a little later than I would like. I’m not really good with getting up early to make my lunches so I rely on Trader Joe's for my meals. If I am not eating a frozen meal, I have a salad, or am reheating dinner for the previous night. I have a few Trader Joe's favorites that are healthy, packed with veggies, and deliciously amazing! It also helps that most of these meals cost $1.99. If I went out for lunch each day that would probably be $50 a week. But because I bring my lunches, it costs me maybe $12 a week. Because there is no Trader Joe's in Columbia, when I am home on weekends, I stock up and fill up a cooler to bring back with me to keep everything cold. Here are a few of my favorite lunch options:


Chicken Chile Verde Burritos $2.99

This is half the price of the regular Mac N Cheese but that's because it's half the amount. The regular is huge and I can rarely finish it so it's nice to have a cheaper and small option when I'm not as hungry. $1.99

Huge, HUGE, huge portion!! Its noodles topped with shredded gouda, havarti, cheddar, and swiss that when heated melted for the most amazing meal! $2.99

I love this pasta with pesto and veggies. It has cherry tomatoes, zucchini, and yellow bell peppers. Seriously amazing! So filling and its only $1.99. 

My lunch today! This tortellini with cherry tomatoes, zucchini, and red bell peppers, ricotta, and spinach. So delicious!! And again, $1.99 

Enjoy the frozen food section of Trader Joe's. I'll be there Sunday!
XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment