Friday, August 1, 2014

Copying {Jestine's Kitchen Onion and Pickled Cucumber Salad}

I have been on the hunt for a great copy of Justine's Kitchen, a restaurant down in Charleston, "table pickles." Also known as onion and pickled cucumber salad, since the cucumbers are still fresh. I found a few recipes on Pinterest and after a few Google searches, also found a few knockoff recipes. They are so amazing, I could eat them all day!! My mom's garden is growing like crazy, so after one night of picking cucumbers and washing 15, I decided to try the different recipes. This was the closest, and also my dad's favorite- he said it was closest to his late mom's.





Onion and Pickled Cucumber Salad:

Ingredients:
2-3 cucumbers, thinly sliced (you can peal them, I prefer not to)
1/2 vidalia onion, sliced in rings
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup oil
1/2 cup vinegar (White)
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup water
1/8 teaspoon pepper

(1 tsp of dried herbs optional- dill, basil, etc, I did not use any)

Directions: Cut up cucumbers and onions, add to mason jar, add additional ingredients, cover with lid. shake.
Refrigerate and enjoy!!



So yummy! 
XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment