Monday, August 25, 2014

Losing a few lbs..

I am fully supportive of self acceptance but here are few of my helpful tips for a losing a few pounds. I do not and have never participated in fad diets, although juicing has done wonders for my dad. I believe in portion control, clean eating, and an active lifestyle. I am definitely not perfect, I have a secret love affair with fast food. But thanks to the Citadel, I am great about portion control and having an active lifestyle. When I feel a little unhappy with my body, I hit the gym and do these few steps:

1. Working Out
Whether running, walking, interval training, etc. Getting 45 minutes of physical activity a day is important for your mind, soul, and body. If I want to lose a few pounds, I focus on lightweight weights and not bulking up. Running, rowing, and stairmasters are your best friend.

2. Go vegetarian.
When I want to lose weight this is my 'go to'. I will go vegetarian two or three times a week. This does not mean vegan or starving myself. I just eat small meals of vegetables for lunch, snack, and dinner. I might mix in a starch. I try not to use any spices, dressings, dips, etc. You're just adding calories and undermining the purpose of the meal plan.

3. Cut out alcohol.
People who drink their calories amaze me. Try and find a drink that is low in calories like a gin and tonic. Not a cocktail with a plethora of alcohol and mixers. And limit your drinks to two a week if you can't cut it out completely. I rarely drink but if I am feeling bloated or retaining extra water, I sure as hell will not be drinking to retain more.

4. Take the stairs
Do not take the elevator unless you are in a sky rise. There is nothing wrong with walking a few flights of stairs and if you're feeling wild, take two at a time.

5. Cut out desserts
I don't believe that each meal requires dessert. There is nothing wrong with skipping desserts and only having them on rare occasion.

6. Do not choose anything 'diet'
You are just drinking or eating more chemicals and it's not healthy for your liver and kidneys. And eating 'diet' foods do not help you lose weight.

Hope these helped
XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment