Monday, June 30, 2014

You know you are in your mid-twenties when...

Upon graduation from college, I find that people do one of two things. They either gracefully morph into adulthood with their new job, apartment, and horrid bills/ loan payments that continually come every month…Or, they fight the system and try to pretend they are still in college and refuse to embrace the impending years closer to their 30s. It’s funny how much you change in such a short span of time, slowly at first and next thing you know, you are signing your first lease without your parents, having another birthday thinking “my parents were married for two years” at your age, and looking around and seeing rings, babies, jobs, etc. This series is going to be devoted to those little changes that I am just noticing about myself. Those, you know you are in your mid-twenties (I am 24) when….

And todays post: You know you are in your mid-twenties when you no longer subscribe to Cosmo, Glamour, and InStyle. You let those subscriptions go for Southern Living, Bon Appetite, and Coastal Living. When did that happen?!  My Cosmo was the first to go, it said essentially the same thing each month, then InStyle- just because I needed groceries rather than drooling over a Dolce dress that I could never afford, and last Glamour. I still religiously follow Hollywood drama and celebs but just online. Now I find myself perusing stacks of home décor, garden, food, hosting ideas etc. I enjoy fantasizing about what a room will look like in my house, what color palettes would work, and how to make a house masculine and feminine, tied up in.. maybe a bow? As I am preparing to decorate my apartment, I gladly and am almost giddy looking though Southern Living, Pinterest, etc. for inspiration. (Even if it’s on a budget)  When did I start getting dreamy eyed looking at Martha Stewart Living and summery pasta salads..I don’t know, but I like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment