Friday, June 13, 2014

Friday Favorites: Embrace the Moment

This week has been surprisingly tough for me. My second week at my new job was awesome! I love the lab and the people seem very nice! I am getting a lot of experience and learning new lab techniques which is invaluable. However, I've been in Missouri for a month now, and it's weird. I feel like a part of me is missing. Like I am going back to Charleston, to the Citadel- a place I felt whole and me. Everything is so new. I'm stuck between being nostalgic from the past and eager for the future, and not much in between. I have been feeling this way for a few days and trying to pretend like everything is great... so my first favorites is a quote I read from one of my favorite bloggers: Mommasgonecity.

1. "Live in those moments, not light years ahead. Find footing. Keep changing. Just be." - Mommas Gone City

 
2. Sunsets over Highway 70. It was my second Sunday of driving back to Columbia and watching the sun set over the clouds and storms that followed all week. Truly beautiful view.
3. Loving barn pictures lately and I find every time I drive past a barn, dilapidated or bright red, I have been snapping shots as I drive by. 

 4. My June IPSY bag came in the mail!! Slightly obsessed with Ipsy so I will make a review blog post on Monday of my new bag.
 
5. Pulled pork tacos with a Hawaiian slaw and bbq sauce drizzle by the pool? Yes!! I can't wait to repeat that this weekend!!
 
Hope for nice weather!! And for me to feel a little more settled in this new chapter of my life.
 
XOXO,
 
Rach
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment