Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Face Masks

First off, I will preface, I have acne, it's hormonal, but the pesky zits have been there for a few years. It's beyond frustrating being in my twenties and still making sure that I cleanse, exfoliate, hydrate, and treat my very dry, sensitive skin. It's taken me a few years to get a routine of products that work for my skin. One of my rituals is a mask, twice a week, usually after the shower since my pores are opened up, my skin has been cleansed, and I'm not applying a mask to a dry face. I've tried quite a few masks because of this regime. A few months ago, I received a sample of GlamGlow Tinglexfoliate treatment mask. I had heard rave reviews on the Youtube beauty gurus I follow and the blogs I read. I could not wait to try it! The first time I tried it, it burned my skin. Literally felt painfully on fire, I tried it a few days later, and decided, nope, not my cup of tea. I just spent quite a bit of money on a sample size that left me very unhappy. Surprisingly enough, besides my Murad mask, all of my favorite masks are very inexpensive. Below I will share what I use, and want I want to try.

(You can find all Freeman Products at Walgreens, CVS, etc. $3.99)
This is supposed to pure the pores, has Vitamin E in it for moisture, and for normal to oily skin. I like the use this if I am trying to clear up any inflammation.  
The Dead Sea minerals aka sea salt, helps to clear your pores and balance the PH of your skin. It's a great moisturizing mask. I normally use this after my shower to lock in my skins moisture.
This is my HOLY GRAIL of face masks. I left it at my parents house over break and it took me two months to track one down at a drugstore because I was too lazy to order it online. I LOVE this face mask! Its a sugar and charcoal mask that heats up to your touch and on your face. It detoxifies and exfoliates. My skin is always so much calmer after this mask.
If my skin is really angry and red, I like to use this as my emergency remedy. You apply the blackhead remover to areas prone to blackheads and leave it on for 10 minutes before washing off. Follow up with the pore refining sealer. This is great for enlarged pores and clogged pores. Just like the charcoal scrub, this works wonders on my skin!
 
WHAT I WANT TO TRY

LUSH Love Lettuce fresh face mask.
2.1 oz for $6.95 at a local Lush shop. I have heard rave reviews about their fresh face masks. It's main ingredient is honey (which I use when I make my homemade face masks), almonds, lavender oil, and seaweed. It is supposed to be a nourishing face mask that exfoliates and unclogs pores.
This mask is a hydrating treatment that immediately reveals softer, firmer, healthier-looking skin. It is made of black tea ferment, like Kombucha- which I regularly drink as a holistic source, known for cell energy and cell regeneration. This definitely on my list of face masks to try.
 
Happy skin purifying!
XOXO

 

No comments:

Post a Comment