Monday, June 23, 2014

2014 Summer Bikini Trend Guide

I have been absolutely loving the trends for this summer and the swimsuit trends did not fall short. I was not a fan of last year's fringe bikini tops and the shelf bikini tops. I saw few girls pull it off and other's made me cringe at their attempt. Sometimes you have to know what works for your body, stick to the classics, and test the waters a little bit. The swimsuits below are not all but some of the trends this summer, most are on sale, and I now have a list of new 'kinis that I need to own.

Classic
If I were still living in the south, this seersucker triangle bikini would be a staple for the beach!
(J. Crew Top: $52 Bottoms: $44, 30% off with code HISUMMER)

Long Line
A nod to retro swimwear, the longline top provides that bit of extra support for larger busted ladies and gives a bit of a boost to those who are on the flat-chested side.
 
(Top Shop: $68)

High Waisted Bottoms
This look is very 1950s pin up girl. I can't count how many times I have seen Taylor Swift wearing high waisted swimsuits, let alone high waisted clothing. This trend has been out for a few years now. Very cute when worn right!
(ASOS: on sale, $18.10 bottoms)
 
 French Bikini
This top, similar to the classic strip bikini, is a little more modest. Mostly worn by small chested women because of its lack of support.
         
(Anthropology: Top: $48, Bottoms: $38)

White
One of the signature colors of the season. I would be remiss if I didn't include it. I love this front tie bandeau, with built in underwire for support. Classy, timely, Grace Kelly meets Sex in the City.

(H&M: top: on sale, $4.95- SERIOUSLY!)
 
Front Tie
I actually own this bikini! I love the flirty tie at the front. This bandeau top has optional straps but is a very fun top to wear that will stay put and keep the tan lines away. 
(Victoria's Secret: Sale, $18-21)
 
Enjoy your summer by the water! I know I will!
XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment