Monday, June 2, 2014

I run... because I really like food. (What I wear to the gym)

I will be the first to admit. I hate working out. Like...HATE IT!! I despise running or anything that makes me want to hurl. But lets be honest, ya gotta work out. I went to a military college for 4 years, we had a PFT (physical fitness test) each semester and if we didn't pass, we didn't leave campus. Thus working out, running, pushups, situps, etc. was a must. Because this girl wanted to leave campus on the weekends. My senior year, I was in the best shape of my life, thanks to my roommate who was a beast in gym and kept me up to date on my workout regime as well. After graduation in 2012, I completely stopped working out. I mean, goodbye gym, see ya later running shoes, bye! I did situps periodically to keep up my abs, but other than that, nothing. I lost a ton of weight going down to 110 lb. you could see my ribs etc. I wasn't starving myself by any means but I lost all my muscle. I started getting sick all the time and sleepy. I had no energy. Then after a year and a half, I started working out again. At first it was a half mile run, then a mile. Then it was the gym. Then it was rowing. And eight months later, it is five days a week of cardio, weights, etc. I like to do hand stands just because I can. I don't like doing the same thing every day, so I mix it up with different machines and different workouts. I am up to 120 lbs and I finally feel great. I don't hate my body. I eat relatively well. I'm happy and healthy. Below I am going to share some things I like to do at the gym and what I wear to keep me motivated, my philosophy being, if I am wearing happy work out clothes, I am more inclined to go to the gym.

 So like I said, I like to wear happy things to the gym. So that day, I was wearing Nike workout pants, Columbia running shoes, a Champion yellow sports bra, and a loose white tank from Forever 21. Because my hair is getting long, I like to keep it out of my face in a ponytail. That day, I did a French braid down half of it, and then had a headband as well. I normally get my work out clothes from TJ Maxx or Marshalls- owned by the same company. Its cheap and good material.

Check out my Pinterest for some of my favorite work out regiments: http://www.pinterest.com/riegerixr1/workin-on-my-fitness/

Right now, my main routine at the gym (I go to the YMCA) is: 1/2 to 1 mile warm up on the track, 1 mile on the stair master- climbing every other step (Extra work on the butt) or I do 20 minutes on the rowing machine, I do the whole circuit of weights, 2-3 pulls with no assistance, 5-6 with assistance, squats with weights, pushups, situps, and a warm down run.. stretch and then I reward myself with COFFEE!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment