Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Love Yourself Wednesday


When I first saw this music video, I was taking off my makeup at the end of a night out. Most nights I cringe at the pale face looking back in the mirror, noticing each mark, scar, or bump. We all have insecurities and moments when we feel like we are not good enough. I love when I hear beautiful songs like this, that remind me that it's ok to have those moments, but the good always needs to outweigh the bad feelings. I read a blog post once where they asked the readers to write down the things they liked about their looks and the things they didn't like. I remember looking down at that list and realizing that the things I didn't like were far more than the things I do like about myself. So I made an effort to change that through working out, self reflection, and building up my confidence in myself. So here is my list:

Things I don't like about myself: 
My thighs
My ankles
My feet
My breakouts

Things I like about myself:
My abs
My arms
My eyes
My scars- my birthmark scar, softball scars scattered
My smile
My lashes
My tattoo

The Citadel gave me a thick skin, especially being called any and every name in the book and every flaw being critiqued and criticized. On top of that, an ex, who made fun of the most intimate insecurities I have. The self doubt and fears that he vocalized took every ounce of confidence I had, and ripped it to shreds. But at the end of the day, its me looking in the mirror, flaws and all, but I'd rather be loved for my intelligence, my humor, morals, ethics, and integrity than my looks.... Love yourself. Accept yourself. Better yourself. Be you.

Be You. Be OK with You.
XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment