Tuesday, May 6, 2014

"Turn the page, continue reading, and let the next story begin...”

I guess when starting a blog, you should preface the "why" factor. And its simple, to document. But to document the here and now, I should probably take you back to the where I have been...

Currently I am sitting at my desk job with an hour left. I have three more days in the lovely Charleston, SC before I graduate with my Masters of Art in Biology. I have five more days before I move back to the Midwest, two weeks of freedom- and a birthday, and then I begin my research and PhD at Mizzou. Whooo! But the nostalgia is starting to kick in. I have spent the past six years in Charleston. My undergrad, at The Citadel, The Military College of South Carolina was the best and worst experience of my life, challenging me more than I ever thought possible. But despite its difficulties, I would do it again, with a smile on my face. I have made life long friends and family. Because of research work, I continued my education onto my graduate degree. I wasn't quite ready to let go and move forward. Two years later, as I say goodbye to mentors, second and third "dads", and friends. I know that the Citadel has changed me for the better... But I need to "turn the page, continue reading, and let the next story begin."

No comments:

Post a Comment