Monday, May 19, 2014

It's Wedding Season!!

Since I am 24 (well in two days), the amount of weddings I attend have been slowly increasing each year. I've played the part of bridesmaid, groomsgirl (in the bridesmaids dress, different color), family, friend, and guest. As someone who previously worked the wedding circuit as a server at a country club, wedding season was always an entertaining time at work, as well as a lesson. What to wear and what not to wear. I have seen cringe worthy outfits, white dresses that were not the brides, hats with suits, air jordans and flannels, etc. I have been to casual and black tie weddings, still waiting on my first white tie!! Three weeks ago, I attended the wedding of a close family friend. They had their reception at the Chase Park Plaza in downtown, St. Louis. So definitely, nice, black tie. In two months, my boyfriend and I will travel to Michigan for his friend's wedding at a bed & breakfast. Still nice, but not as formal. Although I am well into my twenties, and my boyfriend nearing 30, our attendance at weddings is increasing at a more rapid pace. My mother has always made sure I was dressed appropriately for each of the occasions and I don't hide from the fact that I call her for help if I am at a loss for deciphering a wedding invitation's dress code. Here are a few helpful hints. What I plan to wear to the wedding this summer, what I wore in April, and anything in between.

White Tie
 (Most formal)
Something floor length of close to it. Not too bridesmaidsy
Can be found at Nordstrom's website


Or this Donna Morgan dress, a little more bridesmaidsy but if you choose a color that isn't remotely close to the wedding color palette, you are perfect! If you don't know what it is, look at your invitation colors and avoid them. 

Black Tie
(Dressy cocktail)
 
 The dress I wore in April to a black tie wedding. With nude pumps
This was the dress on the website
 

 He's cute. Sorry, I love his serious face.
 
Semi-Formal
(Most Common, Nice cocktail)
 
I plan on buying this dress for the summer wedding in Michigan.
 Minus the shoes, I would wear a strappy nude sandal for a romantic vibe.
I also like this dress, but not those shoes. I would again wear nude strappy heels.
 
 
Casual
(Sundress, cotton dresses)
 
Textured Cotton Fit and Flare dress, perfect for a casual wedding.
If its a beach wedding, something light and breezy and sandals.
 





No comments:

Post a Comment