Friday, May 16, 2014

Friday Favorites

This week has been interesting... I graduated Saturday and spent my last days in Charleston at all my favorite places. A blog post will follow about that. (Picture to the right: Charleston Tea Plantation, I just love the oak trees and Spanish moss) I left Tuesday to drive back to Missouri. My first stop was to visit my 101 year old great-grandfather. For the past three years, I have made a point to visit him every month, now that I am moving farther away, I am trying to make sure I see him every other month. But my best friend, Ali, got to finally meet him. We spent a few hours with him, hanging pictures, telling stories, going through photo albums. He is wonderful! And I truly treasure the times I have with him. After leaving North Carolina, we drove through the mountains and stayed in Knoxville, TN for the night. The next morning was an early one, driving a few hours out of the way to visit Mammoth Caves. I hadn't been there in 16 years and thought it would be a fun little side trip. We had a blast!! Finally 6 hours later, we made it to St. Louis, my hometown. Yesterday, I was fingerprinted and did more paperwork for the government work I will be doing. Today, Ali and I made the two hour trip to Columbia, Missouri for a few signatures and registration for my summer research credit. Found out great news!! I need 72 credit hours post-undergrad to graduate. Thank you Masters degree, I have 33 hours already and with 4 more this summer. Well on my way to being a doctor!! This weekend is all about unpacking, repacking, regrouping and celebrating. Its Ali's 24th birthday this Sunday and the wineries are calling! Have a great weekend!!

A few things I am loving this week....
My new Mimosa Candle from Rewined
This is my second candle from this Charleston based company
Obsessed is an understatement and although expensive, they last FOREVER!

Bath and Body Works Candles
 
The Worlds Longest Caves and North America's largest
 
Memorizing all the words to every song..
Yes, I am a child but 18 hours in a car leaves little else

 Back in my beloved St. Louis
 

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment