Monday, May 12, 2014

Graduation

Graduation came and went this past weekend! As I live in the south, this is always a sundress event. The College down the street from mine requires all their graduates to wear white dresses and the males must wear white morning coats. Fancy! As I graduated undergrad in 2012, from a military college, we had on a military uniform (wool actually) and it made my outfit choice (or lack of) that much easier. Since I was observing a dress parade at said military college this past Friday, a sundress and strappy heels was an understood. And in true Charleston form, you can never go wrong with a Lilly, a Lilly Pulitzer that is. My suggestion for baccalaureate, dress parades- at military schools, and any other pre-graduation festivities is a nice spring sundress, not too short, not too formal. And heels should be comfortable or less than 4 inches. For graduation, if you are the graduate, or even going to a graduation. It should be a little more dressier. For my graduation on Saturday afternoon, with my Masters degree. I wore a black cotton dress from White House Black Market that was a halter with nude pumps. I was also under black robes and a white/blue hood. I had to wear a cap, so I had my hair curled, thank you humidity, my curls were not perfect but I was too excited to care!! Happy Graduation to all of you out there!!

(Above: Baccalaureate, Dress Parade) 
(Above: Graduation Close-Up)
Graduated!!! Now a Master of Arts- Biology, Toxicology
 

No comments:

Post a Comment