Thursday, April 16, 2015

Dr. Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Peel 14 Day Challenge Review

      Sephora checkout line is the worst! I stand there and just look at all the little trial and travel sizes and next thing you know, I am checking out with a few extra items in my bag. Every time. Well, thankfully I found a product I loved. I picked up the Dr. Dennis Gross Alpha-Beta facial peeling wipes (5 for $16). I tried them out and loved them! It made a world of difference with my skin. I was going back and forth about buying the box of 30 because it’s super expensive! $88 dollars at Sephora, Amazon is cheaper. Then I saw the 14 day challenge for $48. I bought it, telling myself that if my skin looked better after the next 14 days that I would invest in the box of 30.Well I just bought my box of 30. I loved the results from the first 5 peels and the past 14 days with the extra strength has really moved mountains on my skin. I was and am blown away. I have tried so many products and to find one that my skin actually tolerates and works is unheard of! I am so excited! Unlike the 14 day challenge, I am planning on scaling back and using the system every other night or every third night depending on my skin. 

Dr. Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Peel Original Formula

What it is: a 14 day two-step face peel plan where you use the Step 1 pad then the Step 2 pad then a Ferulic acid + Retinol brightening solution afterwards. It contains a blend of alpha and beta hydroxy acids, which help your skin, look younger and smoother. It’s supposed to help with fine lines, wrinkles uneven skin texture and enlarged pores.

In a 28-day consumer study: 
- 92% visible improvement in firmness and radiance 
- 88% visible improvement in minimized pores 
- 82% visible improvement in skintone and spot reduction 
- 96% makeup application and longer wear 
- 86% increased hydration 
- 100% agreed the formula was gentle and fit easily into their regular beauty routine 
- 96% agreed their skin looked more youthful and glowing


Dr. Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Peel Original Formula-2

The box states: (My thoughts)
On day 1 you will experience smoother, softer skin as you apply it.
My skin definitely felt softer
By day 3 your skin will appear healthier and more radiant.
It was keeping my hormonal acne down- does that count?
By day 7 hydration levels increase, texture improves for better makeup application.
My skin is looking a lot healthier, smoother, brighter. If I get an acne around my jaw- it zaps it in less than 48 hours!
By day 10 pores appear smaller.
I have larger pores on my cheeks, but more towards my nose. They look so much smaller. My face has a dewy look which is awesome since I have extremely dry skin.
By day 14 you will experience a reduction in the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
I don’t really have wrinkles per say. Thanks to being young and 24 (at least for another month). But I do have a little discoloration from acne scarring that has really calmed down. It’s so nice to look in the mirror and think “wow, your skin looks nice!”
I CANNOT say enough great things about this product, minus the price, this has become a holy grail in my skincare routine.

No comments:

Post a Comment