Monday, January 12, 2015

Winter Skin Care

As much as I adore winter, the snow, and freezing cold; I dread the dry skin that comes along with it. I already have dry skin so the windy cool temperatures (sometimes in the single digits) do not bode well with sensitive skin. After each shower, I immediately put Cetaphil Intensive Moisturizing lotion on my legs and arms. Last night, I had to apply twice because I could still feel how tight and dry my shins were. I also know that I am not helping myself with my hot showers- drying my skin out even more- but come on, it’s so cold outside! I recently picked up a few skin care items and lotions for the winter knowing that my late spring to early fall routine just doesn't cut it. I normally up the moisture and use less powders and more creams. I wanted to share some of my winter favorites and current winter skin care routine.

Favorite Body Lotions


Current Skin Care Routine

I am currently using the Clean and Clear Makeup dissolving facial cleansing wipes
I also go back with my Clinique makeup remover to get rid of any residual eyeliner or mascara

I wash my face morning and night with Murad Clarifying Cleanser 
If I am home on the weekends I usually use "Say Yes to Tomatoes" daily face scrub

Toner- I only use my toner at night
Mario Badescu Glycolic Acid Toner

Repair Serum- I only use this at night
Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair

My daytime and nighttime moisturizers 
Estee Lauder Advanced Time Zone and Time Zone Night 

Treatment

Any spots or acne issues, I use a q-tip to apply some tea tree oil. I get mine from Trader Joes. Strong scent but really works well reducing swelling, redness, and its antibacterial properties help treat

Shower Skin Essentials
Both Alba products are great! I use the toxin release scrub after washing my face with my regular cleanser. I tend to leave the scrub on for a minute or two before washing it off. Then I apply the mini peel and it really tightens my skin. I make sure to moisturize right after getting out of the shower. 

What are you winter skin essentials? 
Stay warm! 

No comments:

Post a Comment