Wednesday, January 14, 2015

What I'm Reading..

Picture Above and Below: a bit of my book collection 

I normally read or reread between 4-6 books a month, give or take depending. After reading The Fault in Our Stars, I was so distraught and traumatized, I didn't read for a few weeks. I was in a book coma. I have always loved reading. My version of Disney Land is spending hours in Barnes and Noble. I was reading books on my own at 3 (my brother at 5 was learning to read and I wanted to do everything he did). I didn't seriously start reading novels until around 8. I remember the first time I discovered romance novels. My mom had a collection of historical romance novels under the sink in my parents bathroom. I read my first one and was instantly hooked. If you have never read historical romance or romance in general, it is nothing like 50 Shades of Grey. There is no bondage or dominance/submission. It is always a strong female character and always a happy ending. I also read other genres, but I mostly stick to romance and chick lit fiction. I NEED the closure. Books are a great way for me to escape the day to day craziness. I probably won't cover my romance novels because the genre makes some people uncomfortable but a few of my favorite authors are Julie Garwood, Johanna Lindsey, Christina Feehan, Nora Roberts.

What I am reading now..


What I bought today to read next.


What I just finished (+ four other books)


kind of slow starting, then at the end it was awesome! 
Quotes from Chaos of Stars..



Enjoy reading! 



No comments:

Post a Comment