Monday, September 22, 2014

Weekend Recap

Friday 
My boyfriend gave me some 'not so great' news Thursday night, but I woke up to a email with a gift card to Starbucks for my morning coffee. He knows how to put a smile on my face. I spent the day at the labs and worked at the country club on Friday night. It was a rehearsal dinner for a 'Big Fat Greek Wedding'. Lots of adorable babies, lots of Manolo Blahniks and Christian Louboutins, and lots of scotch and cigars. It was definitely a fun event to work. And being able to take home a bottle of Chardonnay at the end of the night made my 17 hour work day worth it. Getting locked out of my parents house later that night, not so much.

Saturday

I spent my morning drinking coffee, helping my dad build a railing on our new deck, and pulling weeds around the pool. Then as a family, minus my brother, we headed to the Cardinals game for the game against Cincinnati. Awesome seats, six rows behind the Cards dugout, I spent the game ecstatic to be so up close to the action but nervous a fast foul ball was going to hit me. We won 8-4 and played a great game. During the 5th inning, the guy in front of us turned around to tell us that he was going to propose to his girlfriend. Once she returned from the concessions, he got down on one knee and with lots of tears and smiles, she accepted. My sister recorded for him. It was sweet, not something I would want, but I loved it just the same.

Sunday 
Woke up early to help my dad pull a few pork shoulders that had been on a smoker through the night. Did some organizing and cleaning and drove the 15 minutes to Purina to watch my 9 month old in the show ring. Ran some errands with my mom and came home to pull a few more pork shoulders for the barbecue competition next weekend. So excited, we just found out Joe Nichols is singing at the competition! But my favorite part of my weekend was the little things my parents did for me to make my life easier. Like my dad filling up my tank when he went out for his morning coffee, and later, he washed my car for me. My mom made me some soups like chicken chili and chicken corn chowder, and froze them for meals this week. She also picked me up a loaf of wheat bread. It's always the little things that means the most.

Hope yall had a great weekend!
XOXO




No comments:

Post a Comment