Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Travel Size

 Busy week for this blogger! I had a final exam early this morning. I had spent the last two days under books, notes, notecards.. My apartment looked a mess so the first thing, post-exam, was a deep clean. I also had to pack, take out the trash, run the dishwasher, etc. I am leaving Columbia for St. Louis tonight just so my schedule is easier tomorrow. I am flying to Boston, meeting the boyfriend in the airport (we land within 15 minutes of each other) and off we go on our next adventure and a wonderful weekend celebrating our friends, Kara and Striker. Before I began packing, I knew I needed a few items from Sephora and Target. I don’t like taking full size products when I travel because it takes up so much space in my luggage. Sephora’s check out area always has great travel or trial size items. I like to take products on trips that I know will not break me out or cause irritation so I try not to venture out too much with new products. Here are a few of my travel items I bought from Sephora and Target.


Benefit Porefessional Primer. I tried this a few years ago and liked it. I just need to use it around my nose where I have a few enlarged pores. It’s a really great filler without clogging.


I use the Maybelline Clear Lash Mascara on my brows during the weekdays. It’s not intense and I am able to control my brows and have them brushed up and staying in place. I love the Gimme Brow for events or when I want a bit more definition to my eyebrows.


Definitely need to bring my Dr. Dennis Gross Facial Peels. They are so important to my skin routine and so I packed three packets for the weekend.


I swore I wouldn’t buy the micro-mini beauty blenders. I have the original and I didn’t need the minis. Well I decided that since I was traveling that I didn’t want to bring my beauty blender. It was easier to get the smaller ones and have a new one on my trip.


So I have been using the Say Yes to Cucumbers face wipes for a few weeks, they were on sale and I have used them in the past along with Say Yes to Tomatoes face wipes, etc. Well, after using the wipes, my face would burn. I thought it was my dry skin. Last week, I took off my makeup with one of the wipes, and looked in the mirror ten minutes later. My skin was red, inflamed, puffy but only where I applied the wipe. It was awful! I am assuming I had an allergic reaction but they were immediately thrown away. I have had success with Garnier towelettes so I picked up a pack at Target. Say No to Cucumbers….


Double Breasted Jacket. I picked it up for a fun pinky red color. It is definitely more on the red side but I love it! I try to bring along the color I am wearing in case I need touch ups.


No comments:

Post a Comment