Monday, November 17, 2014

Food in Vancouver- No Shame..

I was in Canada for five days annnnnd I did not buy any souvenirs. No, I spent my money on food. We went to fancy restaurants, hole in the walls, diners, "fast food", etc. I was in love. When sushi is found on every corner, you want to cry happy tears. So without further ado...

Ahi Tuna over a ginger asian salad

Poutine. Dear Lord I have seen the light! Why am I twenty-four years old and just experiencing this for the first time. Fries, gravy, cheese curds... Hell yes! I wish I would have ordered the extra toppings as well. This was to die for! 

Miku restaurant 
A little pricey for a roll but it was definitely up there in best sushi I have ever had. 
This was the Red Wave Roll which was crab and avocado wrapped in red tuna topped with masatake sauce. I will say it was worth the cost.

We went to Tableau, a french restaurant, order some wonderful wines. I had the seafood linguine with clams, mussels, lobster. It was fabulous. Loved the atmosphere!

Poached egg, smoked bacon, hollandaise sauce, arugula, on an english muffin from....

Yolk's!!! They have a restaurant but I went to their food truck daily. It was on my walk down to the convention center from my apartment and they had the most amazing breakfasts! Highly recommended! 



My mecca. Tim Hortons donuts. They are made daily- taste more like a very sweet bread and are dipped in chocolate. I'm not proud to say I ate quite a few of their donuts, but I pretty much tried 3/4s of their display... I discovered this with only two days left so I had to make up for lost time.


Also going to note: I had the best red blend while I was there. They had a lot of oak barreled Chardonnays (I prefer steel barreled Chardonnay) so I was steering towards reds more. I was browsing the menu at Grain, which is on the first floor of the Hyatt (The hotel I stayed at) off Burrad Street. Hands down, best blend I have ever had. I am looking into trying to order it from the vineyard and sent to me. It was that good. And because I believe in sharing the wealth, it is called Kettle Valley Brakeman's Select NV. 



I'm off to dinner with my cohort from my PhD program, Italian night with our professor. 
XOXO


No comments:

Post a Comment